UNITED CENTER CONCERT SERIES
A Brief History of The United Center:
Construction of the historic Methodist Episcopal building began in the late 1870's. By January 16,1881 the congregation was able to occupy the building. In 1905 a raised stage area was added on the west side. In 1965 a second story addition was added. The Methodist Episcopal Church was recognized as a historical site by the Colorado Historical Society on March 5,1998. A grant was awarded by the historical society for rehabilitation in 1999 and work began in 2000. The congregation of the United Church of Idaho Springs and several private individuals donated substantial funding, talents and time to bring the United Center to completion. The United Center was incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3) in 2002. It will be maintained through grants, donations and usage fees. The United Center has been host to a myriad of events, including meetings, parties, weddings, funerals, plays, comedy, concerts and the opera. You can help to ensure the Center s continued viability by joining as a Patron Member.
For more information please call 303-567-1771